Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog Assignment #6

The Network Student


This video was cute, simple, and straight to the point. I enjoyed the way Mrs. Drexler explained how a network student should operate. This video was really close to me because its like my EDM 310 class. I believe the network student video actually shows what our future student will be like. I do believe the students will be in class everyday but the presence of technology will be too. Yes, I believe that students should know what is out their in the technology world. Students should also have an idea of how to use the computer properly. This is why teachers will still be needed. Teachers will have to help guide the students into the world of technology. In the network student, at the end of the video it still showed the student going back to the teacher to get understanding on building the network properly. Teachers will still be needed in the classroom for guidance. Thanks EDM 310, this class is definitely an eye opener for future teachers.

Seventh Grade PLE
This young lady that has shared her PLE with the world is very knowledgeable about technology. This seventh grader presentation was outstanding. She was very well spoken. This young lady really enjoys her PLE and it showed. I just hope that my PLN will be as good. Her PLE let me know that I need to work a little harder on mine. Wow, its good to see a student knowledgeable about technology.

Critiques of Smartboards
Why Smartboards are a dumb Initiative by Michael Staton
I understand Mr.Staton when he states that Smartboards are expensive. Yes, I believe in saving money but the Smartboard can also help bring the students into the 21st Century of technology. I think Smartboards can help the teacher and students stay up to date in technology. I also feel that once in demand Smartboards may be cheaper for schools to purchase. Yes, he makes some good points because the Smartboard want change ineffective teaching. The Smartboard can not replace the teacher. The teacher still have to manage her classroom. I have found a blog http://gettingsmarterwithsmartboards.blogspot.com that gives new and interesting information relating to the love of Smartboards in education This blog gives out helpful resources and other links.
Why I hate Interactive Whiteboards by Bill Ferriter
This article points out a lot of good points about the dislikes of the Interactive Whiteboard. I agree, that the Interactive Whiteboards does not allow independent discovery. In which. I believe that all students should be allowed to work independently. When the students work independently they feel more proud of their work. It motivates students when they can figure things out on their own. I also agree with Mr. Ferriter that the schools should check to see how effective the Interactive Whiteboards are. The Interactive Whiteboards can be helpful but just not the main focus of the classroom. The teacher will still have to guide the students and show them the right way of doing certain things. I also found a blog that shares information and activities that can be used for the Interactive Whiteboard. It is www.blogspottoplist.com/academics/blogdetails17907.html

2 comments:

  1. I also loved the young lady who had shared her PLE. It was so amazing to me that she was in the seventh grade and here I am in College and I just have created my PLN. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...because its like my EDM 310 class." That's what we are aiming for!

    "Her PLE let me know that I need to work a little harder on mine." Again, that is what we intended to have happen!

    Your link to getting SMARTer with SMART Boards should work like this link does. See the instructions on how to do this in the EDM310 Activities Instruction Manual p. 11. This is a requirement.

    ReplyDelete