Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blog Assignment 3

A Vision Of Students Today


This video shared a lot of information about how the college experience is today. The cost of attending school and purchasing very expensive books that are never used really hit home for me. I have also seen students who facebook and twitter while in class. This really sends a message that the classroom needs to become more interesting. I believe the classroom experience needs to be more exciting. I feel that incorporating technology in the classroom will help maintain the students interest because its bring their world into the class as well. Overall, I believed this video captured the students college experience very well. I would not add anything to this video. It was simple and straight to the point.
It's Not about Technology by Kelley Hines
I really enjoyed reading Kelly Hines blog. I agree, that technology should not be the center of learning and the school system must recognize the need to change the approach to teaching. I know that incorporating technology in the classroom is important but it should not be the whole experience. Technology can be very helpful but teachers still have to teach the students. The students will still need to know how to cope in today's society and technology cannot teach that. This article reminded me that I will need to be able to walk in both worlds. I agree, that teachers need to be constant learners. Teachers set the tone for their class. I plan on incorporating technology in the classroom but it will not be the center of my classroom. I will also check my teaching style if my students are not doing well and change it. I believe that we must allow the students to show their creativity in the classrooms.
Karl Fisch: Is it Okay to Be A Technologically illiterate Teacher?
This article was very interesting. I believe that teachers should be open to technology. I think teachers (old and new) should be willing to learn how to use technology. I know to some of the older teachers it may be harder for them to incorporate technology in the classsroom but they should at least try it. It does not have to be the center of the classroom but teachers should have an idea of what is being used. The knowledge on technology will help prepare students for the future. Technology cannot replace the teacher but it can help the student.
Gary Hayes Social Media Count
Mr. Hayes social media count was very impressive. This social media count shows how many people are using their computers on different sites. I believe as a future teacher that technology will have to incorporated. The use of the computer is huge now, so I can only imagine how it will be in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment