Sunday, April 10, 2011

Special Assignment



1) Mr. McClung is an 8th grade teacher at at Woodland Jr. High located in Fayetteville,
Arkansas. He teach social studies, Arkansas History, computer applications, and coach cross country. He lived in Arkansas all his life. Mr. McClung is also currently pursuing a masters degree at the University of Arkansas. He is in his third year of teaching. Mr. McClung has constructed his blog to help students learn by incorporating technology instead just traditional teaching methods.
2)Mr. McClung is a good educator. I like the way he as self examined his teaching method and changed it. I am glad that he saw the focus should be on the student and not on self. I also liked they way he is reaching out to the students and incorporating technology in the classroom.
3)I believe that his rules are outstanding! It is important that we give oir students a chance to have a voice in the classroom. I think that when it is time for them to listen a certain phrase should be use. I will definitely incorporate these rules in my class as a future teacher. This is give student a different outlook on coming to school to learn. This type of atmosphere bring expectation it makes the student want to learn.
4)Everyone needs to have high energy and stay positive. I believe its first because students and teachers will have to depend on each other to learn. They both need a positive environment to be productive.
5)His homework is kept at a minimum but like Dr. Strange turning in late homework is a letter drop in grade.
6)As a future teacher, I would like to incorporate a blog into my classroom. I feel that this would give the parents an opportunity to keep up with what their child is doing in the classroom. I believe this also a way to share resources and network with other students and teachers from all over.
7)I liked the link for refdesk.com it is a fact checker for the internet. The students can check this site if they are not sure about a certain event or fact. I also like discovery education which students can go to this link and explore. This site inspire students to learn in and out the classroom. It also have games and interactive activities that can be used by students. Its also helpful to teachers as well.
8)Mr.McClung safety rules are very good. I like that he gives the students rules and how he states for them to never use their last name, personal email, or chat with strangers. I also think that it is good for the parents to know who their students are communicating with. I will definitely apply safety rules to my future students because their is so much going on today as the world changes with technology.
9)The post was the Talent Show journey sing-a-long. This sing-a-long was very good. I enjoyed watching the student play and hearing the students sing-a-long.
10)It seems that he has more room to move around and that everything is broken into sections.
11) For one it is open and not just a class or school blog. It also seem as though he want the parents, teachers, and administrators, and others to explore and see what they are doing.
12)It seems that Mr. McClung keeps his blog current which sets his blog apart from others. I have visited some students blogs or class blogs that have not been updated for a while. I think he does a good job in trying to keep everyone informed about the events that is going on at the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment