Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Assignment #11

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class


I really enjoyed watching this video. It was amazing to see how these first graders were using the computer. I am glad that she has started early with showing her students how to use the computer. I believe this is important technology is the way of the world and it will forever be. This video showed the students blogging, playing games and the were even able to have access to Nintendo DS. It was very good to see a teacher that actually incorporated technology in the classroom. The title of the video Little Kids... Big Potential was a great name for the video because that is what it actually showed.

Ms. Kathy Cassidy Skype Conversation
This interview that Dr. Strange had with Ms. Cassidy was very informative. I enjoyed hearing her speak about her approach to the use of technology in the classroom. I thought that it was great that she even came up with the idea of incorporating technology in her class. I am glad that she didn't just let the students do reading projects just to make use of the five computers that she received but to actually put it to good use. I like the way she try to keep her students protected and how to properly use the computer. I also like that she informs the students parents and let them know how their child is using the computer. This is also something I will definitely use when incorporated technology in the classroom. I believe that the parents should be informed and I believe sending a form to them with all the information is the way to go. I do believe that we must keep our students as safe as when can when using the computer. I definitely feel that future teachers will need to change and incorporate technology because it is the way of the world that is constantly changing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristie!
    I also thought it was great how the teacher was using technology and making use of the computers she has. Although, I do think first graders blogging and using the internet the way we do isn't that safe. Personally I think it might be a little too young for them to have their own blog. I added in my post, I wouldn't think it was okay for that age to have a facebook or twitter, and I wouldn't be okay with my child having one that young. I do think it is wonderful they are learning these things at a young age, but instead of having their own blog in first grade, maybe just refer to one as a class everyday or have a class blog instead of individual. I think it would be easier to keep up with students that young on the internet and it still allows technology and blogging in the classroom. Great job on your post, Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristie,

    Mrs. Cassidy is an excellent teacher, and I think we can learn so much from her. She does a great job using technology in the classroom and keeping the students safe. The students seem to truly benefit from the technology, and they are definitely engaged with the content of the class.

    ReplyDelete